Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Purpose of this Space

Although I have blog, dorothysantos.wordpress.com, I decided to create a space strictly for research and writing purposes. I wanted a spot devoted to posting interesting finds and resources after seeing and having been inspired by a friend's (Valerie Leavy) blog titled Air Guitar Riffs. She uses the blog to collect references from the book Air Guitar: Essays on Art and Democracy by Dave Hickey. She recommended the book, which is proving to be great read. In any case, I figured this virtual place would serve as my online collection of research materials. I'm hoping other Visual and Critical Studies scholars or folks interested in the Arts join me in the ongoing dialogue. Overall, it is for anyone interested in research, reading, and writing! I welcome research applications, resources, book, music, film, and artwork recommendations. I'm not sure how this space will evolve over time but we shall see. As always, I welcome feedback and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment